Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Some Light Reading

I’m a day (or 2) late (and a dollar short?) in mentioning that my Boston Red Sox won 11 straight games, including a 3 game sweep against the Yankees! Yea buddy! Take that Yanks! It hasn’t been long that I’ve been watching baseball, or that I’ve been a Red Sox fan – 3 years? – it is definitely the greatest game of all time. How could anyone dispute this fact? I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if man’s creativity found a reason to brush baseball aside … although it is probably the same kind of reasoning that leads men to believe Macintosh is superior, or that Pepsi is better than Coke. Need I say more?

Emily and I went to the DBacks game on Saturday, which was the second game in the series against the Giants. They lost on Friday, and ended up losing that night. But we still had a great time at the game, and we were ahead for a couple innings after Upton hit a sweet homer.

Funny story time. So this lady a few rows ahead of us was holding up a sign that read, “Eric Byrnes, I heart you!” (An actual heart was there). Suddenly, some guy in the row behind us yells, “I came to watch the game not a sign!” And the sign whipped out of sight. A few innings later, while Byrnes was at bat, that same guy started obnoxiously yelling: “Oh Eric! My heart BUUURNS for you! I love you Eric! … Where oh where is the Eric-sign?!?!” He had everyone around us laughing. Needless to say, that woman was a bit embarrassed =).

And now for something completely different.

I was teaching my high school Sunday skewl class a few Sundays ago and was mentioning some bands that were cool in my day: Third Eye Blind, Hootie and the Blowfish, Smashing Pumpkins, and some others. They hadn’t heard of any of ‘em! Astonished, I was. Thankfully, they recognized some of Third Eye Blind’s songs once I started singing some well-known lines. But still … sad. I think what I need to do is bring my laptop one morning and play selective tunes while we’re all settling in, that way they can at least have a basic knowledge of the greatest era of music in recent history.

Anyone excited about Wolverine and Star Trek?! I’m seriously considering going to the midnight showings for both – even though I open the following mornings =). Anyone wanna go? Ferrealz.

Dba dba dba dba, that’s all folks!

Let’s Go Bos-ton!
Casey of Basey

No comments:

Post a Comment